The occupied Afrin canton has turned into cellars and dens of torture and rape during the 5 years of occupation, in which the most severe types of physical and psychological torture are practiced.
The crimes and violations of the Turkish occupation army and its mercenaries continue against the remaining indigenous people in occupied Afrin, since its occupation on March 18, 2018, and imprisoning them in torture centers and practicing various types of physical and psychological torture.
Dozens of torture centers are spread in Afrin canton, with its districts and villages. Our agency was able to document, through its own sources, 26 centers in which 8,644 citizens, including women and the elderly, not to mention children, are held.
Torture centers in occupied Afrin
* The "Al-Mahkama" prison is located in the old building of the court, and is intended for abducted women from various districts of Afrin canton. It is run by the mercenaries of "Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyya".
* "Al-Brad" prison is also run by the mercenaries of "Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyya", and it is for the kidnapped citizens from the city of Afrin and the surrounding villages, especially women.
* The "Shariaa Villat" prison is located in a house and is run by the mercenaries of "Ahrar al-Sharqiya".
* "Al-Ashrafiya" prison, located in one of the old houses and contains four rooms, two of which are for the abductees, who number about 50 to 60 people.
* "Al-Mahmudiyah" prison is run by mercenaries of the "Al-Hamza Division" and holds dozens of abductees. There are two rooms for women.
in the districts of Afrin
* “Shangila Village” prison is located in the house of a displaced citizen in Bulbul district, and is run by the “Al-Hamza Division”.
* Khuraiba prison in Shera district, run by the mercenaries of "Sultan Murad", it was later converted into a prison run by the mercenaries of the "Military Police".
* "Kafr Jannah" prison is located in Shara district, and is supervised by the mercenaries of "Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyya".
* "Maidan Ikbis" prison in Raju district, run by the mercenaries of "Faylaq al-Sham" under the supervision of the "Turkish intelligence" elements, as it was built near the Syrian-Turkish border, and it can accommodate about 350 to 400 people, consisting of ten closed rooms with small internal ventilation holes, The abductees, after conducting preliminary investigations, will be transferred to Turkish territory.
* “Al-Mahatta” prison in Raju district, called the Al-Mahtah; Being located within the train station, it is supervised and managed by the mercenaries of "Ahrar al-Sharqiya". Most of the kidnapped are from the people of the district, while others are from the villages of Mobata district.
* "Goran" prison in Rajo district, located in a house on the outskirts of the village, supervised by the "Faylaq Al-Sham", and includes most of the abductees from the village and its neighboring villages.
* Shiye prison, located in district, run by the mercenaries of "Suleiman Shah". It is called "Abu Amsha" prison after the name of the leader of this mercenary group.
* "Qarmtaq" prison in Shih district, and it is also run by the mercenaries of "Suleiman Shah" and is located within the security headquarters of the mercenary group.
Schools that the occupation has turned into torture centers
* The "Azhar Afrin" prison is located in the city of Afrin, near Afrin Hospital. It is run by the mercenaries of "Ahrar al-Sharqiya", and there are members of the Turkish intelligence, and most of the abductees are from the city of Afrin and the surrounding villages.
* The "Al-Ittihad Al-Arabi School" prison in the city of Afrin, run by the mercenaries of "Al-Jabha Al-Shamiyya", also contains a section for women, which was later converted into a military headquarters as well.
* The "Al-Karama School" prison is one of the oldest schools in occupied Afrin. The mercenaries of "Al-Sham Legion" turned it into a prison, and it has a special section for women.
According to private sources, schools in all the districts and villages of the occupied Afrin canton were turned into prisons after the occupation to torture the kidnapped and military bases, not to mention the destruction of dozens of them during the aggression.
Hidden prisons of death
Sources revealed the existence of 10 secret torture centers in occupied Afrin, containing hundreds of citizens kidnapped by the Turkish occupation and its mercenaries, indicating that these prisons are the most notorious in occupied Afrin.
* The "formerly Legislative Council" prison in the city center of Afrin, known as the women's prison, in which the abducted women are imprisoned in the basement of the building, and every Kurdish citizen, kidnapped by Turkish intelligence and mercenaries, is transferred to it.
According to sources, there are about 50 abductees in that prison, and the security leaders of the mercenary groups and Turkish intelligence call the abductees the secretariats, and it is allowed to kill 10 to 30 of them.
* The "Amir Al-Ghubari School" prison is located in the city of Afrin, opposite Azadi Square. It is run by members of the "Turkish Intelligence" in coordination with a number of its mercenary leaders. Cases related to people who have dealt with or were within the institutions of the Autonomous Administration are being investigated. It is a closed cellar. Complete, visits or entry to it is prohibited.
* The "Sharia School" prison in the city center of Afrin, run by the mercenaries of "Al-Hamza Division", which includes about 40 abductees.
* "Al-Sinaa" prison, located in the center of Afrin, and run by the mercenaries of the "Jaysh al-Islam", and is the most notorious, in which the abductees from the occupied city are placed before being transferred to the main prison of the mercenaries, known as the "Al-Maasara" prison in the Saju area in the occupied countryside of Azaz, according to sources, the prison witnessed many killings, and many of the abductees were subjected to deformities and physical disabilities.
* "Tranda" prison, run by Turkish intelligence agents, is one of the most dangerous secret torture centers.
* The former "Martyrs' Families Foundation" prison in the city center of Afrin, run by the "Central Security" mercenaries. None of the mercenary groups, military police or Turkish commandos are allowed to interfere in it, and it is a closed prison.
The "Kafr Jannah Camp" prison is located in the village of Kafr Jannah in Shara district, and is run by the mercenaries of the "Al-Jabha al-Shamiyya", in which all its abductees from Afrin residents who were part of the Self-Defense Forces and the Community Protection Forces are kept.
* "Al-Furqan" prison is run by the mercenaries of "Sultan Murad" and supervised directly by Turkish intelligence. The prison houses about 2,000 abductees, and the abductees are transferred from it to Turkish territory, specifically to the states of Urfa and Diluk.
* "Al-Basuta" prison, also known as "the castle" prison, is located near the city of Afrin, and is run by the mercenaries of the "Hamza Division" and directly supervised by Turkish intelligence, and includes dozens of women.
* The prison "formerly the Internal Security Forces building" located in the Mahmoudiyah neighborhood houses hundreds of abductees.
This information is part of the real numbers of the crimes and violations of the Turkish occupation in occupied Afrin.