​​​​​​​"#Together_for_Afrin", "#Together to save humanity" campaign by National Initiative for Afrin

​​​​​​​Official of Media Committee in the National Initiative for Afrin, Jodi Ronahi, explained that their campaign includes activities and sit-ins in more than one European country and in different times and places, calling for taking part in it, and said: "Let us be one voice which expresses sacrifices of our resistance people and pain of Afrin."

​​​​​​​"#Together_for_Afrin", "#Together to save humanity" campaign by National Initiative for Afrin
19 January, 2022   09:41
NEWS DESK

The National Initiative for Afrin launched a campaign to denounce the Turkish occupation crimes in Afrin, coinciding with the fourth anniversary of the occupation. The campaign begins this evening, where a number of artists have joined with it, including the artist Banki Akri and Kawa, in addition to a number of Kurdish poets and writers

The official of Media Committee Judy Ronahi, spoke to ANHA, and said: "The fourth black anniversary of occupation on Afrin by Turkish and affiliated mercenaries has passed, which led to its occupation, we in the National Initiative for Afrin announced a series of events to condemn the Turkish occupation and escalation of our civil struggle until forcibly displaced people of Afrin return with freedom and dignity.”

The campaign will include several events, activities, and sit-ins in more than one European country, in different times and places.

The events will culminate with launching hashtag “#Together_for_Afrin #Together_to save_Humanity” on all virtual means of communication, especially “Twitter” platform, to shed light on the Turkish abuses that occur daily in Afrin under the sight of the world and delivering the cry of Afrinians to the concerned authorities, according to Jodi Ronahi

Noting that the hashtag campaign will be launched today, at 19:00, Afrin time, on all virtual media, especially Twitter platform.

He indicated that there are preparations for sit-ins in different European cities, where the campaign lasts a week until day of launching the hashtag .

Ronahi appealed all political parties and guarantor states to stop their silence towards the Turkish crimes which occur daily in Afrin and to end its occupation, also he called for providing assistance for IDPs of Afrin who reside in the Karama camps,or all Syrian regions.

"It is a voluntary initiative that initially brings together all the people of Afrin city outside and inside, and then all patriotic Kurdistan and Syrians away from personal accounts, where it will be an arena for everyone who wants to fight for Afrin from international personalities." Jodi Ronahi

The work for Afrin and return of its displaced

Jodi Ronahi stressed, "The initiative is not a substitute for any other activity of parties, institutions, platforms and organizations that work and struggle on this issue, but we seek to gather and unify efforts for Afrin to have a louder voice and a stronger presence in the international and humanitarian political corridors."

Worth noting that the founding conference of the National Initiative for Afrin was held on August 22, 2021, in the German city of Bonn.

Regarding their organization, Ronahi continued, as a first step, the initiative worked to form specialized committees in all relevant fields, "law, diplomacy, media, culture and art, in addition to the organizing committee, after its first founding meeting, in which the general coordinator and two deputies were chosen, and voting on 13 people for the administrative council concerned with initiative affairs, that organizes the work of the committees.

He made the point clear that no headquarters for the National Initiative for Afrin had been opened, due to presence of the initiative's members in all European cities, however opening the headquarters would be one of the near future goals.

A.K

ANHA