Six years after ISIS committed a massacre against the members of the Shaitat clan in the countryside of Deir ez-Zor, where hundreds of clansmen lost their lives, a new mass graves that contains the remains of the victims was found today by the people of the area and the members of the clan. The grave includes the remains of 26 people, 25 of them were identified by the clan and their families. They are:
- Saleh Al-Shaker Al-Ahmad
- Abdullah Al-Saleem Al-Jirou
- Ali Al-Salim Al-Jirou
- Muhammad Al-Salama Al-Aboud Al-Rahim
- Ahmad Al-Salamah Al-Aboud Al-Rahim
- Khaled Al-Hassan Al-Ali Al-Radsa
- Abdul Salam Al-Ali Al-Hawas Al-Bahr
- Muhammad Al-Fahd Al-Abboud Al-Bahr
- Muhammad Hussein al-Numan Al-Bahr
- Ammash Al-Abd al-Mutlaq Al-Bahr
- Shihab Al-Ahmad Al-Hassouni Al-Habib
- Muhammad Al-Abd Al-Balo
- Suleiman Al-Saleh Al-Balo
- Khalil Al-Khaled Al-Balo
- Subhi Al-Malik Al-Rahim
- Bashir Al-Hardi Al-Rahim
- Muhammad Al-Hurdi Al-Rahim
- Bidaa Al-Hardi Al-Rahim
- Mahidi Al-Awad Al-Hanoush
- Hazem Al-Sufi
- Hammoud Al-Sufi
- Nasser Al-Hussein Al-Rahim
- Nasser Al-Khalid Al-Rahim
- Muhammad Al-Khalif Al-Owaid
- Yasser Al-Abed Al-Mahmoud
In addition to an unknown person who is believed to be from the town of Al-Zubari in the Deir ez-Zor countryside.
The remains of the identified were buried in the martyrs' cemetery in Abu Hamam.
ISIS mercenaries had committed a three-week massacre against the sons and families of the Shaitat clan during July and August of 2014.
More than 1,200 victims were left, including women and children, in addition to kidnapping more than 1,000 people whose fate is still unknown.