The Turkish presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin said that his country will not stop sending its forces to Idlib, northwestern Syria, stressing that the regime's attacks will receive a similar response.
Kalin added that changing the locations of the checkpoints in Idlib is out of the question.
Kalin said that no satisfactory results emerged from the Moscow talks on Idlib, confirming that the talks between the Turkish and Russian sides will continue, and he said: "So far, there have not been results from talks with Russia that satisfy and convince us, and we have not accepted the Russian proposals that were presented."
Kalin said about NATO's stance, saying: "NATO and our allies' praise for our position and encouragement is not enough and unacceptable, and if this continues, tomorrow, Idlib will go."
In turn, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement issued at the end of the talks that continued on February 17th and 18th that the two sides continued on Tuesday discussing the situation on the ground in Syria, focusing on the situation in the Idlib region to stop the escalation, and affirmed their commitment to the signed agreements to take measures to alleviate the humanitarian situation amid the continuation of fighting terrorism.
According to the Russian Foreign Ministry, the Russian and Turkish delegations stressed that long-term security and stability in Idlib and other regions in Syria can only be achieved on the basis of respect for its sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity.
The Russian-Turkish talks ended today without achieving any understanding, following the failure of two previous rounds in Ankara due to the escalation in Idlib and Aleppo countryside after the Syrian regime launched, with Russian support, an attack in which it took control of important areas such as Ma’aret al-Numan, Saraqeb, the M5 road in addition to securing Aleppo surrounding, during which Turkish soldiers were killed.
The Source: Agencies