Russia, regime forces shelling Idilb violently, Washington reinforcing its forces in Middle East

Idlib city is witnessing violent escalation, where it has been exposed to heavy shelling by the regime and Russia with hundreds of explosive barrels and raids after the retreat in north of Hama province in confrontation of Jabhet al-Nusra, while Trump announced the sending of reinforcements to the Middle East to confront Iran.

Al-Sharqa al-Awsat: Damascus shelled Idlib with explosive barrels after its failure to advance in Hama province

On Saturday morning, the Arab newspapers touched upon the Syrian situation in several subjects, and the most prominent was the situation in the so-called demilitarized zones. In this context, al-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper reported, "The Syrian regime forces, with the support of Russia, shelled Idlib city with hundreds of explosive barrels and raids, after its failure to advance in north Hama province before opposition factions that regained control of areas they had previously lost."

It added, "The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Friday that it bombed the "North Triangle," which included Idlib, the countryside of Hama, Lattakia and Aleppo on the 25th day of the fiercest escalation consecutively, and it had documented the killing of 10 elements of the regime forces in shelling and clashes with extremist and opposition groups in northern countryside of Hama and Jabal Shahshebo, in addition to the killing of 14 of opposition factions' fighters in the shelling and the clashes in the northern and northwestern countryside of Hama, and the killing of civilians by the shelling in the areas of Idlib countryside."

Al-Sharq al-Awsat: US defensive reinforcements ... and charges of the "Revolutionary Guards"

Al-Sharq al-Awsat also referred to the conflict between America and Iran, and said, "US President Donald Trump announced on Friday the dispatch of defensive reinforcements to the Gulf region, while the US military confirmed that intelligence information indicated the Iranian Revolutionary Guard's direct responsibility for recent attacks in the region. "We want to have protection in the Middle East," Trump said in a statement in the White House, adding, "We will send a relatively small number of soldiers, most of them for the protection ... The number will be around 1,500."

(T/S)

ANHA


Other news