The southern countryside of Idlib, with its adjacent areas in other provinces, has been heavily bombed since the end of last April by the regime's forces with its ally Moscow, although the region is covered by a Russian-Turkish agreement reached last year.
According to AFP, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said that "some organizations suspended their activities after their headquarters were destroyed, damaged or unsafe." Others have also taken a decision to stop activities in order to maintain the safety of their workers or even as a result of the total displacement of populations in certain areas.
Since May 8, more than 16 humanitarian foundations have suspended operations in conflict-affected areas, according to the Office for Humanitarian Affairs, which reports on the deaths of five humanitarian workers as a result of raids and artillery shelling.
For its part, the World Food Program said "the suspension of the distribution of aid to 47 thousand people in villages and towns in the south and west of Idlib as a result of the bombing," noting that some of the collaborators of the program were forced themselves to flee and others injured.
WFP called on all parties to the conflict to provide safe access to their humanitarian partners to reach families still trapped in the fire.