On Saturday morning, most of the worlds' newspapers touched upon the latest battels against IS, as well as the humanitarian crisis in the camps in north Syria and the US effort to form a peacekeeping force in north Syria.
The Times: Surrendering or dying in the trenches for IS' elements
According to the newspaper, IS' mercenaries still remained in al-Baguz village in their last pocket in Syria. They were trapped by SDF, but the attack on the village was delayed due to fears about the existence of large numbers of the civilians as hostages to IS, including Yazids and possibly westerners.
The British government said last month that it believed the that photographer, John Cantllie was still alive, and there was unconfirmed information that he was in the village of al-Baguz. According to the newspaper, the Syrian Democratic Forces believe that he is being held with the Lebanese journalist Samir Kassab and the Italian priest Paolo Daloglio, as well as a Western relief worker.
When SDF launched attack on al-Baguz village, they were surprised that there were a large number of civilians, men, women and children inside the village, as it expected a few thousand, but aid organizations talk about 55 thousand people, many of them were wives and children of IS' mercenaries, and they were transferred to the refugees' camp.
The United States remains determined to cooperate with the allies in Syria
The US Wall Street Journal reported that Trump's administration could not secure pledges from major European allies to send military forces to Syria through a targeted date set on Friday, but said that they would continue their efforts to participate with the allies to prevent the emergence of IS.
"The US officials plan to make contacts with senior military and diplomatic leaders from other countries next week and they say that they are confident that the allies will be part of the stabilization campaign," the newspaper said.
Thousands of women and children fled IS' pocket, flocking towards of the Syrian camps
The Washington Post quoted from a relief group saying, "The refugees' camps in north Syria are densely crowed due to large numbers of civilians fled from the last pocket of IS."
The International Rescue Committee said that at least 12,000 women and children had been taken to al-Hol camp since Wednesday. More than 55,000 people have arrived since the military operation declared its latest attack on IS' stronghold in early December.
Mesti Boswell, the director of advocacy at the International Rescue Committee (IRC) said, "No one can imagine that so many women and children are still living in al-Baguz, and the International Rescue Committee and other agencies do everything possible to help the refugees, but al-Hol camp has been at the breaking point."
Aid workers said that al-Hol and the nearby Roj camp are not prepared to accommodate tens of thousands of people who have arrived, leaving many families without tents, water or adequate food supplies.