Death toll of Beirut explosion continues to rise

The Lebanese authorities announced, on Wednesday evening, a new death toll from the massive explosion that occurred in the port of Beirut, on Tuesday, leaving large numbers of victims and material losses.

The Lebanese Minister of Health, Hamad Hassan, said that the death toll from the Beirut explosion had risen to 135, and Hassan indicated that the number of missing persons had reached 80.

The previous figures, published hours ago, had reported 100 dead and more than 4,000 injured. Hassan predicted earlier that the death toll is expected to rise, with many of the injured in serious condition.

Hassan predicted earlier that the death toll is expected to rise, with many of the injured in serious condition.

The Lebanese Minister of Health said that many of the wounded are not receiving treatment yet, noting that 6 field hospitals are being equipped to accommodate them.

( A )

ANHA


Other news