​​​​​​​Coalition extends cease-fire in Yemen for a month

The leadership of the Legitimate Support Alliance in Yemen announced the extension of the ceasefire in the country, for a month, from Thursday, at the request of the UN Special Envoy for Martin Griffiths.

Col. Turki al-Maliki, the spokesman for the Forces for Legitimacy Support in Yemen, said that, based on its previous announcement, on April 8 of this year, the Joint Forces Command for the alliance ceased a two-week ceasefire, and at the request of the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths to stop Shooting to allow for progress in negotiations with the parties on a permanent ceasefire.

Al-Maliki added: "Likewise, agreeing on the most important economic and humanitarian measures, and to resume the political process, and in continuation of the seriousness and desire of the coalition to alleviate the suffering of the brotherly Yemeni people, and work to confront the Corona pandemic and prevent it from spreading with approaching of the holy month of Ramadan. From Thursday, April 23, 2020.

Colonel al-Maliki said: "The leadership of the Alliance Joint Forces reaffirms that the opportunity remains ripe for all efforts to reach a comprehensive and lasting ceasefire in Yemen, and agree on serious, concrete and direct steps to alleviate the suffering of the brotherly Yemeni people."

He added, "It will greatly support all these essential steps with the United Nations in order to reach a comprehensive and just political solution that the Yemenis agree on."

The Alliance for Support of Legitimacy in Yemen had said last week that the Houthis had 1,096 violations of the ceasefire in Yemen, and the coalition clarified that the breaches included hostilities, the use of light and heavy weapons and ballistic missiles.

T/S

ANHA


Other news