On January 9, 2013, when peace talks were underway between the Turkish state and the PKK, Sakina Cansiz, representative of the Kurdistan National Congress (KNK) in Paris, and a member of the Kurdish Youth Movement, Laila Şaylemez was assassinated in the Kurdistan Information Office near the Carrie de Nord station in Paris.
Following the investigations, Omar Kony, was arrested. After 8 days of the arrest, the court issued a decision of imprisonment and trial. Investigations have shown that Omar Kony had entered Turkey 13 consecutive times before the massacre, and communicated with Turkish intelligence.
The investigations into the circumstances of the case continued until May of 2015. On December 5, 2016, the criminal Kony was brought before the court. However, the three women's lawyers objected to the trial. Despite this, the court set the date for the first session of the trial on January 23, 2017. And 36 days before the trial date, on December 17, 2016, Kony died in the hospital and the case file was closed.
On the initiative of the families of the three victims and their lawyers, investigations resumed in April 2017, in the case, in particular about the role of the Turkish intelligence (MIT) in this massacre. In March of 2018, at the request of the families, it was agreed to refer the case to the Anti-Terrorism Court to look into the case. After the investigations, “work to determine the party that issued the orders and the parties involved and prosecute them”.
Şaylemez, father of a member of the Kurdish Youth Movement, Leyla Şaylemez, spoke to Hawar News Agency about the case, as well as some confessions of the officials in the Turkish state about their responsibility for the assassination.
Şaylemez said: “In November of 2020, we were to meet with the public prosecutor in charge of the case file, but due to the procedures related to the Corona pandemic, the meeting was suspended.
The previous lawsuit filed in France in this case, has been closed due to the death of the murderer Kony. As a result of our subsequent efforts and requests, it was reopened. We were supposed to negotiate with the court about consideration of the case, but were unable. We, as families of the victims, will pursue this issue. "
'We know the murderers'
Jumali Chilmaz pointed out that the families of the victims know and know who carried out this massacre, and that they seek to uncover and expose it during the trial stages. He also said: “We, the Kurdish people, know the killers. We know who gave the orders to carry out this massacre. And so far, the perpetrators have not been tried and held accountable, and I believe that this position is against the struggle of the Kurdish people. "
International powers should clarify this issue.
Cumali noted that such a massacre cannot be accepted in the twenty-first century, adding in this regard: “We will never abandon this cause. This massacre was intended to punish people who wish to struggle. For the freedom of the Kurdish people, this is a massacre must be condemned by everyone; it is a massacre against humanity.
The French government, as well as pro-democracy countries in the world, must carry out the necessary investigations and procedures, in order to achieve justice soon, and thus disclose the perpetrators and bring them to justice. "
The French government seeks to cover up the case.
"We know the killers, but the French government should take practical steps in this area," Cumali added. He also spoke about the information by the judge in charge of the first file of the case, and said in this regard: "During that period, the judge conducted investigations about the merits of the case in 5 or 6 countries, and prepared the case file based on the investigations. At that time, he showed us the file about the case, and he told us, 'All roads lead to Turkey, and in Turkey all roads go to Ankara and specifically to the headquarters of the Turkish intelligence (MIT).' This is what the judge said to the families of revolutionary women, but he did not disclose these matters to the world public opinion. In order to protect their interests, they turned a blind eye to this massacre that was carried out against the Kurdish people. We, the Kurds, will continue our struggle and our endeavors at all levels. "