On Friday morning, Arab newspapers touched upon the US sanctions that targeted the Syrian government, and al-Kazimi's likely visit to Washington.
Al-Sharq al-Awsat: Washington punishes Damascus with an eye on Moscow
The Arab newspapers issued this morning dealt with several issues regarding the Syrian issue, the most prominent of which were Washington's sanctions on Damascus, where Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper said: "The new batch of sanctions imposed by Washington under the" Caesar Law "included a dedication of symbolic signals contained in the first batch issued in the middle of last month. Among them, pressure on Moscow to work on "changing the behavior of the Syrian regime", and the southwestern region of Syria may be a gateway to express this "change" by removing Iran and its organizations from this region in implementation of Washington's interpretations of the Russian-American agreement dating back to 2018.
What is striking in the last list is its inclusion of Hafiz, the son of President Bashar al-Assad, and the first list of the “Caesar’s Law” included the names of the Syrian president’s wife, reading in Washington, that Syrian officials “were surprised by these two categories, because they expected that the black list would not include figures from the episode The Tribulation, "at a time when there was" deliberate "inclusion in sending a" political message "to Moscow and Damascus:" The boycott in Washington, and this position issued under Caesar's law, is transitory to parties and institutions, and it has become unanimous in the American capital. "And this was evident in Interpretation of US Deputy Envoy Joel Rayborn to punish Hafez Bashar Al-Assad within the family, saying: “We have noticed a tendency among the main players in the Syrian regime to use adult children in their families to continue their actions and circumvent the sanctions. The goal of the sanctions is to try to prevent the regime from establishing control The economic he uses to sustain the war.”
There are about 50 names and entities in the American "black list", and in the coming months, twice this number of military and government officials, deputies and businessmen, both Syrians and non-Syrians, will be included, saying that it is "no longer possible to live in two worlds: everyone must resolve its position to determine the world that lives In it, the world of Washington or the world of the regime», according to European diplomats understanding Washington’s position, and they note that those responsible for the Syrian file in Washington believe that“ American policy is successful and succeeds, as it increased the volume of pressure on Damascus and changed Moscow’s calculations ”, with a sign to "the failure of Arab or European attempts to break the isolation from and normalization with Damascus, and to avoid Arab businessmen from contributing to the reconstruction of Syria, in exchange for the growing depth of the economic crisis in Syria and Lebanon."
Al-Arab: Militia arms at the top of the agenda of al-Kazimi's visit to Washington
Al-Arab newspaper talked about an upcoming visit to al-Kazimi to Washington and said: “Al-Arab learned from informed political sources in Baghdad that Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kazimi will visit the United States next month, where President Donald Trump and some of the senior American officials will meet, and the date of the visit was Scheduled this month, but the conditions of the coronavirus have postponed it.
Diplomatic sources say that the file of the Iraqi armed groups affiliated to Iran, whose involvement was confirmed in attacking locations inside Iraq hosting American forces or from the international coalition, will top the agenda of al-Kazimi's meetings during his visit to the United States, stressing that determining the date of al-Kazemi’s visit to Washington is based on an American commitment to help The Iraqi government imposed law to confront the rogue.
Iraq pledged, during the first round of strategic dialogue with the United States last month, to provide the necessary protection for the international coalition and US forces, operating inside the country at the wish of Baghdad.
Since the pledge was announced last month, Iraqi groups affiliated to Iran have intensified their missile attacks on the Washington embassy in Baghdad, and a number of Iraqi camps hosting American forces.
This escalation led the United States to install a sophisticated defense system in its embassy in Baghdad, to repel repeated Katyusha attacks.
Observers considered the move an indication of the depth of coordination between Baghdad and Washington and a sign of the lack of Iraqi reservations about military cooperation with the United States, while Iran's allies saw it as a weakness for al-Kazimi, who accused him of authorizing American forces the right to use Iraqi lands and air as they please.
In the past weeks, Iraqi media run by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards has broadcast rumors of canceling a planned visit to al-Kazimi to the White House, due to Washington's anger at Baghdad's opening-up policy towards Tehran, and the Iraqi government's failure to pursue rogue groups and militias run by Iran.
But government sources categorically denied the existence of such a trend, stressing that Iraq and the United States are communicating effectively through official channels, and they have already set the date for Al-Kazimi's visit without disclosing it.
Al-Kazimi's visit to the United States is of great importance, because it comes after a visit by the Prime Minister to Tehran, which saw his rejection of an explicit request from the guide, Ali Khamenei, to help Iran to obtain the US dollar.
Al-Bayan newspaper touched on the major movements of the Yemeni forces in Marib, and said: "The joint forces in Yemen liberated new locations in the Sarwah front, west of Ma'rib Governorate, while countering attacks by the Houthi militia on residential compounds south of Hodeidah Governorate.
Military sources stated that the joint forces supported by the coalition fighters liberated important sites in the high perimeter of al-Shif, overlooking the market center of the Sarwah District, and the coalition fighters also targeted the militia positions and their reinforcements in this front, which is the western gate of the province.
The commander of the Sarwah Front, Brigadier General Ahmed Abu Asba, confirmed that the militia is in a state of collapse, as a result of the fall of its field commanders, as the army forces continued to enter the main supply lines for them, explaining that the rebel militia had received great losses in its ranks, amounting to dozens of dead and wounded, including field leaders.
According to what was said by the leader of the Sarwah front, the militia had been preparing for three months to circumvent the front across multiple areas, but the joint forces thwarted all their attempts and launched surprise attacks through which they were able to liberate new locations in the front.
On the West Coast, the joint forces put out the sources of the militia fire that hit the residential villages in al-Duraimi district, south of Hodeidah.
A military source in the joint forces confirmed that the militia targeted mortar shells in the residential villages of al-Derahimi, and, according to the source, the joint forces responded to the sources of the Houthi fire with appropriate weapons, and achieved direct hits deep inside their locations and ended in extinguishing them. And medium.