Abadi explained, in an exclusive interview with our agency, that Turkey sends mercenaries to fight in Libya, Azerbaijan and other regions in the hope of plundering their wealth, indicating that the new US President Joe Biden has a negative stance declared by Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and is likely to reconsider in imposing sanctions against it over the Russian "S-400" missile deal.
The following is the text of the interview:
* The Turkish interventions continue in Syria, Libya, Iraq, the Eastern Mediterranean and Azerbaijan.. What are their goals?
It was clear that Erdogan's coup against his comrades in the Justice and Development Party, led by Davutoglu, would have repercussions on Turkey's foreign policy. Indeed, Turkey has moved from "zero problems" to "zero friends" and a host of enemies on many fronts.
The most interesting feature in all the runners is the exploitation of other riches, particularly oil and gas, which Turkey faces an urgent need for them, the second thing was the desire of Erdogan's own expansion on the grounds that the neighboring countries were located within the territory of the Ottoman Empire, and is willing to recover the legacy of his ancestors.
* Turkey is using Syrian and Libyan mercenaries and terrorists in its wars and foreign conflicts.. Why does the international community not take a firm response against it despite documented evidence?
Puffed Turkey in the fire of the Syrian protests, claiming to support the just demands of the protesters, and the crisis prolonging and its transformation into a militarization of civil strife, some of the real intentions of Turkey emerged, which made Syria, especially the northeast of the Syrian to the tank of mercenaries, having united the military factions under the banner of one army, he called it paradoxically "the Syrian National army" and made the most of its functions go to his wars in Syria, Libya, Azerbaijan and other fronts, Fajadoa battle Erdogan in Syria and in Libya in support of the Government of the Brotherhood in Tripoli, and in Azerbaijan, and this is all documented and announced by Turkey itself, with all this the international community does not have real tools to pressure Turkey to stop using mercenaries in its wars.
* In a remarkable development, King Salman contacted Erdogan, and Turkey announced that they had agreed to keep the channels of dialogue open to develop relations and eliminate problems .. Is there a change in attitudes between Saudi Arabia and Turkey?
Of course, given the current chaos of the American elections, and the arrival of the Biden Democratic administration, which has a negative stance on Erdogan's Turkey, announced by Biden himself, as well as the neutral stance on Iran, which is hostile to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, it would be wise for the central countries in the East to reconsider their relationship to address future concerns, and not as it appears to be a solution to current disputes or a change in immediate attitudes.
* Erdogan, who has repeatedly attacked Europe, recently said that he sees himself in Europe and not elsewhere .. Is this evidence of Turkish politics change, or is it a part of alleviating the crises he is experiencing internally?
Erdogan does not stop his hostile statements here and there, almost every day Turkey has a crisis with a party, and on the impact of internal crises as well, Turkey will be forced to make opposite statements to reduce tension externally and as a form of handling crises internally.
* What is the relationship between Biden's victory in the American elections and the sudden change of Turkish statements?
Biden has a negative stance declared by Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and he previously urged support for the Turkish opposition in order to overthrow Erdogan. To repositioning to deal with the next phase, which will be different from the era of Trump, who supported Turkey in more than one situation and crisis.
* Turkey has sent forces to Azerbaijan, which borders Iran, and is trying to spread across its arms in Iraq and crowd out the Iranian role .. How can these Turkish steps be viewed, and do they come with a purely Turkish action or an agreement with NATO to besiege Iran?
As for the relationship between Turkey and Iran, it is dominated by understanding due to the intersecting files between the two countries, most notably the Syrian file, and the Kurdish file in Syria, Iraq and Iran. Therefore, Turkey’s move in a number of directions touching with Iran appears to be a unilateral move in search of wealth and influence and a desire for hegemony and expansion, and I do not think that There is an agreement with NATO in this regard.
What about Russia?
Russia in this period has its deep understandings on more than one side with Turkey in Syria, Azerbaijan and Libya, and it is sufficient for observers to indicate that the solution in Azerbaijan in favor of Turkey was its price in Syria or Libya in favor of Russia, which indicates the deep understanding between the two parties and not vice versa.
* Where will the policy that Erdogan pursues by interfering in the affairs of the region in Turkey?
Unless there is firm, strong and deterrent intervention, Turkey will continue expanding in the countries of the region, taking advantage of the Muslim Brotherhood and the armed factions that it trained in northern Syria as two wings to advance its project, in addition to its use of drones, as well as its understandings with central countries in the region such as Iran, or internationally pivotal countries such as Russia .